SoundTouch 300 Soundbar dead (No power)

Yesterday my SoundTouch 300 died with no preamble. I tried all the steps mentioned here (https://www.boselatam.com/en_ar/support/article/speaker-will-not-turn-on.html) and once that didn't work I also tried the factory reset procedure mentioned here (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/restoring-factory-defaults-st300.html) none of them worked. I bought this product in April of 2017 and now it is out of warranty not sure what should I do. I read atleast 6-7 threads on this forum and this sounds like a manufacturing defect in batches of 2017. Bose should show some customer obsession or appreciation by recalling the items that know for sure have defects. Now when i call the customer support they say I have to shell out atleast $175 for them to even have a look at it. I have been a loyal Bose customer for years but never expected such poor customer service from them. Hoping to get some sort of resolution from this forum.

Hello Sound Star, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing a power issue with your Soundbar 300. 

We would like to do what we can to assist you via this platform. 

Can you firstly please inform us if anything has recently changed in your set up prior to this issue?

Do any of the LEDs illuminate on your SoundTouch 300?

Please let us know, I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Hi, 

Tegan, thanks for responding. 

Nothing changed in the setup, It just stopped working. None of the LED Illuminates.   

Hello Sound Star, 

For troubleshooting purposes, I would advise reaching back to the customer service team and arranging a replacement power cord. It is possible that the cord is faulty and therefore there is no system to the power.

If you already have a spare figure of 8 power cord, you may be able to use this to test for power first.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Thanks Charlotte for responding. 

I took my Soundbar to a friends place who also has a Bose SoundTouch 300 which is in working condition and we tried to use his power cord and otpical cable but still there was no power to my soundbar.

Hi Sound Star,

I'm sorry to hear that! Regrettably, there is nothing further that we can offer from the Bose Community.

To discuss servicing, please get back in touch with our customer service team via the phone.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

I understand but if this such a prevalent problem with Soundtouch 300 I am not sure why Bose isn't doing anything about it. Atleast they should give a free repair if they think their product is defective. It seems so wrong that one pays $800 to buy a speaker and then within two years one has to shell out $175 dollars to again get it fixed. Atleast Bose should increase the warranty for such defective products. Highly unsatisfied by such poor customer service from them.

Same thing happened to me unit just died and Bose product support is really poor.  My unit was the same purchased May 2018 so only 18 months old and useless now.  First Bose product I have ever needed support on and no support is there,

I have the exact same issue with my Soundtouch 300. It is disappointing to be charged a fee of 149$ for what seems to be a common problem. Many users have reported this issue based on the archives. It could be possible one of the firmware updates could have caused the issue. I hope Bose can waive this fee for a prevalent issue. 

Following are my observations:-

- Suddenly the power indicator light disappeared even the power cable plugged in

- The ethernet lights at the back are flickering when power cable is connected 

- Able to remove and add the speaker from the soundtouch app as the device still gets detected

- No sound, No lights - Tried to play a radio station

- Followed different power off methods but no luck

- Tried to factory reset with remote but no light indicators to complete the factory reset.

for those who are out of warranty, in my case it was u1501 54335a in the main board

Hey Mo&Me,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm very sorry to hear that your SoundTouch 300 soundbar suddenly wouldn't turn on anymore. There are some things we can try in order to get the soundbar up and running again:

1. Please check that the power connections on the product and at the power source are secure;

2. If that doesn't help, please try both the remote control and the controls in the SoundTouch app. Will the soundbar turn on now?

3. If not, check if the remote control controls any other devices. Try controlling e.g. your TV with the remote - is that possible?

4. You can also try connecting the soundbar to a different power outlet. Does it work then?

5. Please reset the soundbar by unplugging it from power for at least 5 minutes. Try unplugging the power cord at both ends.

If none of these steps help, then I would recommend that you reach out to our customer service team, so that we can look at booking the soundbar in for repair. Depending on when the soundbar was purchased, there may be an out-of-warranty charge for the repair.

To get in touch with us, please start by selecting your country of residence here:

https://global.bose.com/en_us/index.html

You can then scroll down to "Contact" at the bottom of the page, in order to view our different contact options.

Best wishes