Soundtouch 300 unable to configure wifi

I have used my soundbar with a wired connection for a year but in my new house it no longer positioned next to the router. I am unable to get WiFi setup. The app just hangs in please waiting after joining the ST300 private network and if I do the manual step and connect to the setup page the page loads but the option to select the network flash for a few seconds and disappear making impossible to configure.
I have reset the system and tried browsers from andorid (chrome and Firefox), Mac (chrome and safari) and Win10 (IE). For what it’s worth I am also using the latest fw that was just released.

Hi !

I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues you've had in your new house, and would love to assist you in getting this setup correctly so that you can get properly settled in.

As you have already tried resetting this system and using multiple browsers, can I ask that you check the following for me:

1) Please perform a reset, followed by a factory reset of the system. A normal reset is performed by removing the power cable, waiting 30-60 seconds, then reconnecting this and powering the system back on.

The Factory reset is performed using the remote. First, press the SoundTouch button on the remote once (directly below Source power, in between Bluetooth and AUX), and then holding the Teletext button (bottom right of the remote, to the right of the "CC" button) for 10 seconds, until the Wi-Fi, TV, SoundTouch and Bluetooth indicators blink white on the soundbar. Once reset, please attempt the Wireless connection again.

2) Failing the resets above, I would recommend disabling the Wi-Fi on the Soundbar, and then setting this back up. The Wi-Fi can be disabled by pressing the SoundTouch button once, then holding the number "0" until the Wi-Fi, TV, SoundTouch and Bluetooth indicators on the soundbar blink white. When the Wi-Fi is disabled, the Wi-Fi LED on the far left will turn off.

To re-enable this, repeat the same process as above until the LED's blink white once more, then the Wi-Fi LED will turn back on.

If you have tried both of the above and are still struggling to connect this, please get back to me to let me know what is happening with your LED statuses throughout this process!

Liam W - Community Support

Hi,
This can be resolved by disabling mobile data when setting up the wifi via the app. Your webpage manual process has bugs. I suggest you both update the KB article and force the route via WiFi vs mobile data in your app and open a bug into engineering for your manual process.
Thanks
Ivan

Hi, i’ve tried these steps countless times and still unable to configure. 

somehow, the process can’t get through and kept getting time out or can’t complete after keying in network and password.

bose needs to really improve on your app and user experience.

everytime i changed network, I encountered this problem and have to waste enormous amount of time resetting, setting up to no avail. If not for my preference for bose sound, i would have switched to Sonos (which have a more seamless setup)

I'm unable to reset my soundbar's wifi. Tried your way pressing zero till the lights blink, but nothing happened. Please advise, just bought subwoofer 700 module but cannot connect/use.

Hi. I unboxed my brand new soundbar 300 today. I can’t connect it to wifi. And my remote doesnt Have the buttons you suggest for resetting. Please help!!!

Hi Mjospina,

Sorry that you are having this experience.

Can you double check for us if you have the SoundTouch 300 or Smart Soundbar 300?

What is the current LED status of your soundbar? Do you receive any error messages at all?

I look forward to hearing from you.