SoundTouch standby

I have 2 SoundTouch adapters and I want they to play 24/7 but after some days it goes into "standby" mode "ready to play".

It does not matter if I select SoundTouch or AUX.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

AR

Hey ,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

Could you please let us know which SoundTouch adapters you have? Is it the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter or the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter?

Hi Charlotte,

it is a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter

Any update on this issue?

Thank you for confirming that, Mear1628.

What music service are you streaming on the adapter? There will be differences depending on the service in question:

• Pandora will stop playback after 8 hours
  • Spotify playback is unlimited
  • Deezer will stop playback after 120 tracks
  • iHeartRadio playback is unlimited
  • Sirius/XM:
    • Standard accounts: varies by channel, typically 8 hours
    • Commercial accounts: unlimited

Let me know if you think something is incorrect or not streaming as it should be.

Hello Sam,

sorry for the delay, but I didn't receive a notification.

Streaming services I'm using are:

• Spotify
  • TuneIn

Thanks for clarifying, .

Since your last post, have you continued to run into issues with the Adapter powering off by itself? Or, does it continuously stream your Spotify music as long as you keep the adapter plugged in?

Have you been able to attempt a reset on the adapter, as shown HERE? This will clear any underlying issues.

Yes, still experiencing the same issue with Spotify Premium and TuneIn.
After some time the ST Adapter shows : "Speaker ready to play"
And no source icon is active.

What if I test it with the AUX input?
Does it need audio to keep it on, or selection should be sufficient to keep de ST Adapter on?

Any update on this case?

Hey Mear1628. The SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter will theoretically remain "on" and playing indefinitely from a TuneIn source. This could possibly be a networking issue. If the adapter's internet connection is interrupted, even temporarily, the audio will stop. To initiate audio again, a physical command must be sent to the system. Can you tell us a little more about your home's network? Do you use any Wi-Fi extenders, boosters or repeaters? Additionally, does anyone in your household have access to the adapters or the SoundTouch application?

Hello Andy,

I have 3x Unifi AC-Pro (one on each floor) and an Unifi USG.

I had the same issue when I was using a Ziggo (service provider) router only.

The SoundTouch Adapters (STA) are 2 meters away from the AC-Pro.

Only I have access to the STA, ST app and network settings
I already tried to move the STA to another floor, but the same issue.

Thanks, Mear1628, 

Have you also checked the DHCP lease on the router? I'm wondering if the lease renewal is causing the playback to stop. Check your router settings to see what the renewal time is, then adjust it to see if you notice an improvement in playback time. 

Thanks,

Will do, thanks

is it possible to set the STA to fixed IP?

You could do this within the router's settings, but it's not something we recommend. 

Thanks,

You mean IP reservation?
I tried that, and it didn't work.

I've changed the DHCP release time to 10000000 (~115 days), and so far it seems to work.
Let's see what happens in 115 days....

Still the same issue.

Can I set the IP address to fixed some how...?

HI Mear1628,

I'm sorry to hear you are still seeing this issue!

If you wanted to set a fixed IP address for your speakers this would need to be done through your router settings.

I'll also post a list of our other router settings for you below, to help you optimize the router for use with your speakers.

I hope this helps!

Recommended router settings for SoundTouch™ compatibility

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Still the same issue after many different tests.
I even tested it on our company network and at home by my parents.

After several days the ST Adapter stops playing.