SoundWear Companion Firmware Update - 3.0.3 - November 19th

On Tuesday November 19th, 2019, a new firmware update will be available for the SoundWear Companion Speaker. This update will be available on the Bose Updater site here and on the Bose Connect App. 

The 3.0.3 update includes the improvements:

• Pairing with Windows 10 is easier than ever before 
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning up under the hood 

Seems to have fixed the intermittent sound interruptions that I've been experiencing for a long time 🙂

I am newbie pls forgive.  I am trying to install update to my companion speaker using app on my laptop but it glitches at 10 percent then 68 and again at 71 then stops lost connection message. Any ideas? 

Thanks

Hello @justgettingby

Sorry to hear that you are having some difficulty updating the firmware of your Soundwear Companion.

How do you get on if you try updating the firmware directly through the Bose Connect app? You can find instructions here.

Let us know how you get on.

I'm having the same issue with the firmware update. I continue to get an error message at 71% update saying that it lost connection with my device and to retry. On my 4th attempt and going to contact customer support. 

Hi Craigmak321,

When you get this error message, are you updating the speaker from the Device Updater or the method using the app linked by above? If you haven't already, make sure you do try both methods for updating your speaker as I'm sure one of them will allow the update to go through correctly!

I hope this helps, let me know!

Are you still producing firmware updates for this product? I l have one and want to make sure that it will still be supported. 

Hi Craigmak321,

When you get this error message, are you updating the speaker from the Device Updater or the method using the app linked by above? If you haven't already, make sure you do try both methods for updating your speaker as I'm sure one of them will allow the update to go through correctly!

I hope this helps, let me know!