Soundwear not connecting as headset on windows 10 laptop

Up until yesterday, my Soundwear was connecting to my laptop and I was able to select 'Soundwear (headset)' when using zoom or Facebook messenger for a meeting. Since yesterday, the only option I have is to use Soundwear as a speaker and I have to make do with the built-in mic on the laptop, which is obviously not as good as the Soundwear mic.

I have tried clearing the device list on my Soundwear and the Soundwear device from my device list on my laptop and then re-pair and reconnect, but I cannot get my laptop to connect to the Soundwear companion other than for 'music', ie as speakers. 

NB: my windows 10 is fully updated and my Bose app on my phone tells me that my Soundwear is also up-to-date.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

Bose product name

Bose Soundwear Companion

Country

UK

Firmware Version

App Version

15.0 (on my Android phone, where I don't have an issue)

Hey Stefan Paudler, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having these audio profile issues with your SoundWear. 

I appreciate the steps that you have performed so far, I'd also recommend that we take a look at these other steps here.

I'd love to hear from any other members of the Community that have successfully used their SoundWear with Windows 10.  

Thanks, Hector_B

Most of the steps on your link are about the device not connecting to Windows 10 at all. That is not the case. It's connecting, but only as a 'music device' rather than a 'headset with speaker and mic'.

I have now performed a full reset (previously, I had merely deleted the list of connections from the Soundwear), but after re-pairing it to my Windows 10 laptop, it still only provides a it as 'Connected music'. 

Just to reiterate, it was working fine as a headset device up until yesterday, but since yesterday afternoon it doesn't anymore. This would indicate to me that either Windows has run a driver update that's causing the problem or Bose has updated the device that now makes it impossible for Windows to recognise it as a headset device.

Either way, the issue needs to be referred to the Bose tech team and solution must be found, because it severely impacts the functionality of the product. 

Paulder, there were no updates to the Soundwear so maybe Windows updated. The post here explains how to pair a headset with Windows, please can you ensure you have the correct settings enabled?

Thank you,  !

The post you suggested has indeed sorted out my issue. 

I can't believe that in the end I just needed to toggle Bluetooth off and on again on my laptop. After resetting the device a couple of times and re-pairing it with the laptop did not sort the problem, simply turning it off and on again has resolved the issue - as is so often the case. I still can't believe that I didn't try this to start with. It's a cliché, but so effective!

Thanks again!