T4S & T8S Mixers - 1/4 inch (6mm) Mounting Screw (Mounting Options)

I finally bought a T4S, but I've used the T1 for years mounted to the L1 and I'm hoping to be able to find a solution to allow me to keep mounting my mixer to the tower. I love the DIY example of the previous poster who die grinded the T1 mount and used a couple of adapters for this, but I don't know how to do that (I'd probably lose a finger trying something like that). It's hard to believe someone doesn't make an L1 mount for sale, let alone Bose. There's nothing like the aesthetic of a Bose mixer attached to the tower. It saves precious floor space, and just looks as awesome as it sounds. Having a big old camera tripod next to the tower ruins the minimalist neatness of the stage look that Bose made possible. Is there really not a big enough demand for something this basic? A simple L1 mount for the T4S?

joemusician posted:

I finally bought a T4S, but I've used the T1 for years mounted to the L1 and I'm hoping to be able to find a solution to allow me to keep mounting my mixer to the tower. I love the DIY example of the previous poster who die grinded the T1 mount and used a couple of adapters for this, but I don't know how to do that (I'd probably lose a finger trying something like that). It's hard to believe someone doesn't make an L1 mount for sale, let alone Bose. There's nothing like the aesthetic of a Bose mixer attached to the tower. It saves precious floor space, and just looks as awesome as it sounds. Having a big old camera tripod next to the tower ruins the minimalist neatness of the stage look that Bose made possible. Is there really not a big enough demand for something this basic? A simple L1 mount for the T4S?

There are other options as listed above.  I chose the route supplied by others and it works great for me.  Here's my post about it:

Yesterday, I received the parts to mount my T4S on a mic  stand.  I used the "On Stage" components that ST shared a while back.  In addition, I went to our local "Tractor Supply Store" and bought a "Hillman 5/8 X 2-1/4 X 1/8" rubber washer. 

I needed the washer to make a spacer between the video camera adapter and the microphone extension bar because the camera adapter wouldn't tighten up.    The rubber washer would have worked fine as it was but I trimmed it down to the size of the extension bar. 

This set up  makes a very sturdy and adjustable mount.  I like it much better than the original mount available for the T1.

Thanks ST for posting your original information!  This forum is an extremely valuable resource to me.

https://www.amazon.ca/Stage-MY...AA0DJ5GDRNNY5G7CWTJZ

https://www.amazon.com/CM01-Ca...struments&sr=1-1

Thanks, KingBiscuit. That's definitely an improvement over a camera tripod. I'll have to go with something like that until I find a way to get it attached to the tower. Still shaking my head.

I actually prefer having the mixer on my mic stand.  Makes it very quick and easy to make adjustments and you don't have to turn your back on the crowd.

ScubaBadger posted:

They are commonly available photographers camera mounts to attach to a photographers tripod.

so, I have a Hercules mic stand with boom, microphone and a T1 on its BOSE mic stand bracket. Neat all on one mic stand.

Been commended by the 5 star hotels I work at for the minimally intrusive kit on my stage.

Just bought a T4S and now have to have a photographers camera tripod on stage with me too.

absurd..

I agree, I have had My L1 1S for some 5 years and never had an issue with the mount for the T1. I recently sold my T1 and spent the

$600 to "upgrade" to the T4 and now I have no way to mount the mixer to my cylinder!! That is **! I now have to go and "rig" some sort of bracket or I have to purchase and carry an additional stand just for the mixer!!! Absurd! 

I'm curious to learn how folks are mounting their T8S' for live performances. Lots of comments above on the T4S.

The T8S is a different animal - dimension and weight-wise.

I loved the T1 mounts - on the L1 or on a mic stand. Both worked well for me. The T8S is altogether different and requires a complete re-think of mounting options.

It's also pretty expensive - so I'm not keen on experimenting with the risk of dropping it!

Anyone got some tried-and-trusted methods of keeping it either in front or at the side - within arms reach - while performing? I like simple setups (see above - the T1 was perfect on one side of my mic stand with my iPad on a bracket on the other side of the mic stand. I don't think that can be done with the T8S ... or can it?

Thanks

Hi, Troubador.

troubador posted:

I'm curious to learn how folks are mounting their T8S' for live performances. Lots of comments above on the T4S.

The T8S is a different animal - dimension and weight-wise.

I loved the T1 mounts - on the L1 or on a mic stand. Both worked well for me. The T8S is altogether different and requires a complete re-think of mounting options.

It's also pretty expensive - so I'm not keen on experimenting with the risk of dropping it!

Anyone got some tried-and-trusted methods of keeping it either in front or at the side - within arms reach - while performing? I like simple setups (see above - the T1 was perfect on one side of my mic stand with my iPad on a bracket on the other side of the mic stand. I don't think that can be done with the T8S ... or can it?

Thanks

Please check out T8S ToneMatch® mixer on a microphone stand

ST