T8S Ethercon (CAT-5) port

Hello,

Recently purchased a pair of L1 mk 2 speakers with a pair of B2 subs. 

My question is this: I want use  the tonematch  t8s through a pair of L1  mk 2 speakers with B2 subs each. I know there is a pair of analogue xlr outs on the t8s but I want to use the cat 5 line out. Can I daisy chain tonematch t4s with t8s to take advantage of the two cat 5 line outs on the t4s to a pair of L1 mk 2 speakers left and right? Will sound on the remaining 2 plus 8 xlr in's be compromised? 

I am a novice initially looking to reduce the manual handling with heavy speakers and heavy multi-core stagebox cables.

Many thanks. 

Hi, Manny.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. 

Manny posted:

Hello,

Recently purchased a pair of L1 mk 2 speakers with a pair of B2 subs. 

My question is this: I want use  the tonematch  t8s through a pair of L1  mk 2 speakers with B2 subs each. I know there is a pair of analogue xlr outs on the t8s but I want to use the cat 5 line out.

The ToneMatch port on the T8S is for power and firmware updates only. You cannot use it to send digital audio to an L1 Model II Power Stand or another ToneMatch mixer.

Can I daisy chain tonematch t4s with t8s to take advantage of the two cat 5 line outs on the t4s to a pair of L1 mk 2 speakers left and right?

You can't daisy chain the T4S with the T8S using the ToneMatch (CAT-5) ports. 

Will sound on the remaining 2 plus 8 xlr in's be compromised? 

You can daisy chain at T4S with the T8S using the analog connections.

Connect the T4S analog outputs to the T8S Aux inputs (channels 9 and 10).

This gives you twelve channels total with no compromise in the sound.

I am a novice initially looking to reduce the manual handling with heavy speakers and heavy multi-core stagebox cables.

Many thanks. 

That applies to most of us here, so you are in good company.

ST

Thank you for the clarification. That's good to know about analogue daisy chain capability. 

The Tonematch T4S CAT-5 ports.  What are they used for? Can they carry audio signals to L1 Model ll Power Stands? 

Hi Manny,

Thanks for asking.

On the T4S, the ToneMatch (RJ-45) ports are used this way.

RIGHT:

• Accepts power from a ToneMatch power supply or an L1 Model 1S or L1 Model II
  • If connected to an L1 Model 1S or L1 Model II, sends audio

LEFT:

• If connected to an L1 Model 1S or L1 Model II, sends audio

Does that help?
ST 

One of the things I’ve determined is, it's far higher to run the Bass guitar in a single L1 and the Kick drum into every other as you can see. There is documentation about this in here somewhere. I could be putting the kick in with the vocals and the bass in with the rest assuming they both have as a minimum 2 b1 each.