T8S Outputs

We use the T8S configured with L1 Model 2 towers by the 1/4 inch jacks on the outputs.  Is it ok to use the XLR outputs at the same time to run outputs to other monitors,  or another amplifier?  I noticed when trying that configuration, the audio outputs seems a little degraded and looses volume in comparison to using one or the other by itself.

Hi Superjazzman1234,

Superjazzman1234 posted:

We use the T8S configured with L1 Model 2 towers by the 1/4 inch jacks on the outputs.  Is it ok to use the XLR outputs at the same time to run outputs to other monitors,  or another amplifier? 

Yes, this is ok.

I noticed when trying that configuration, the audio outputs seems a little degraded and looses volume in comparison to using one or the other by itself.

What have you got attached to all four outputs.

How far apart are the loudspeakers?

ST

Like I mentioned, the 1/4 inch outputs are used for out two Bose L1 Model 2 towers.  In different situations I would like to use the XLR outputs at the same time for monitors in some cases, in other to cases another mixer,  other powered speakers etc.  So what I've seen for example is that is have the 1/4 outputs running  with audio to the L1 model 2 towers.  When I plug in an xlr on one of the outputs that hooked up to another mixer or powered speaker, it seems to noticeably load down the 1/4 line on the side I hooked it to.  So I guess simply my question is that is it in good T8S operating practice to hook up the 1/4 and xlr outputs all at once for use?  I haven't been able to verify that in any manual.  Its seems that it is either one of the other per side. Then if so, is it normal to notice the other output getting loaded down?

Hi Superjazzman1234,

It should be fine to use both XLR and 1/4" (6.3mm) outputs at the same time. I haven't run into an issue.

For what you're doing (monitors or another amp), you might want to use the Aux Outputs anyway so you have more independence and options.

T8S Aux Outputs

Please click the picture for more details.

Does that help?
ST

Thanks ST.   That looks like a  good idea for me to use the Aux Outputs for those situations rather than having everything off the mains.  Setting the aux outputs to post fader output, does the volume follow the master volume knob?

SJM

Hi Superjazzman1234,

Superjazzman1234 posted:

Thanks ST.   That looks like a  good idea for me to use the Aux Outputs for those situations rather than having everything off the mains. 

Great. I'm glad that made sense.

Setting the aux outputs to post fader output, does the volume follow the master volume knob?

Post: After fader is independent of the Master Volume knob.

SJM

ST