Bose Portable Speaker

Bose Colour Bluetooth

Bose SoundSport

Bose Smart Home 300

Bose Cinemate 130 with SoundTouch

Bose Companion 20

Country

Canada

I was disappointed when I learned the Bose Community was being shut down. The forum was a daily stop , sometimes more, as I participated in the discussions. I certainly learned a lot over the last eight years and enjoyed the discussions very much. I will certainly miss my daily visits. I found the comments either informative and sometimes funny. 

My wife sometimes would ask me why I spend so much time on the Bose site. I told her “simple the Bose forum is my Facebook!”

A Big goodbye to  ,   and a few names I have lost track of. I really enjoyed your contributions as did many others judging by your rankings.

Thank you to the moderators and administrators for their hard work. I hope Bose takes good care of you with great new assignments. 

I will continue to use Bose products as I really like them. All my gear works well and sounds great all with limited problems that were easily rectified over the years. 

I hope to see great new products come down the pipe from Bose in the years to come.

Reposted to correct lisiting.

So long Rick.   Maybe I'll see you on Roon or Audirvana.

My Bose products have included:

Bose Acoustimass 7 (3.1) Sold

Bose Acoustimass 5 (5.1) Sold

Bose SL2 Wireless Speaker Link (2) Sold

Bose Acoustimass 5 (7.1) Sold

Bose Soundtouch 300 (3.0) My current setup

Bose Acoustimass 300 (3.1) My current setup

Bose Surround Speakers (5.1) My current setup

Jim_F (aka Xyz987)

My current Bose products,

2 x SoundTouch 20 series II 

2 x SoundTouch 10

2 x SoundTouch wireless link adapter

1 x SoundLink mini II

I have been a silent member of the forum since 2015. It’s been a regular habit to learn about these products over a cup of coffee. I will be sad to see the forum close.

wrote:

Bose product name

SoundTouch series 3 x 2

SoundTouch 10

Bose Portable Speaker

Bose Colour Bluetooth

Bose SoundSport

Bose Smart Home 300

Bose Cinemate 130 with SoundTouch

Bose Companion 20

Country

Canada

wrote:

(..)My Bose products have included:

Bose Acoustimass 7 (3.1) Sold

Bose Acoustimass 5 (5.1) Sold

Bose SL2 Wireless Speaker Link (2) Sold

Bose speakers (2) Don't remember the model (7.1) Sold

Bose Soundtouch 300 (3.0) My current setup

Bose Acoustimass 300 (3.1) My current setup

Bose Surround Speakers (5.1) My current setup

Jim_F (aka Xyz987)

Bose products

Over a dozen Bose products... So I won't list them all

wrote:

I was disappointed when I learned the Bose Community was being shut down. The forum was a daily stop , sometimes more, as I participated in the discussions. I certainly learned a lot over the last eight years and enjoyed the discussions very much. I will certainly miss my daily visits. I found the comments either informative and sometimes funny. 

My wife sometimes would ask me why I spend so much time on the Bose site. I told her “simple the Bose forum is my Facebook!”

Like you this forum quickly became a daily stop for me and I also hate that this is happening (I'm really quite pissed/annoyed about it) because I enjoyed helping people here.

wrote:

A Big goodbye to  ,   and a few names I have lost track of. I really enjoyed your contributions as did many others judging by your rankings.

Thanks for the shout out. It was always nice to see regulars here helping people and I always saw you two there helping people 🙂

wrote:

So long Rick.   Maybe I'll see you on Roon or Audirvana.

I do rather wish that there was another dedicated Bose forum that we could go to as the only other place seems to be reddit and it's not really the same.

wrote:

Thank you to the moderators and administrators for their hard work. I hope Bose takes good care of you with great new assignments. 

I will continue to use Bose products as I really like them. All my gear works well and sounds great all with limited problems that were easily rectified over the years. 

I hope to see great new products come down the pipe from Bose in the years to come.

Reposted to correct lisiting.

I did get the sad news that all of the things written here on the forum will not be archived or accessible to the public. I was thinking that a lot of the important posts like firmware updates, the detailed QC35II test results post, and more should be backed up on archive.org

I was told that Bose does list some firmware information on their website :

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support.html does have release notes for the apps and firmware if you go to How To's -> Software -> Software and Firmware versions. I know we are looking into improving this section to better match what we did on the community, and possibly even feature it in a more prominent page, so keep your eye out.

I am thinking about adding the guides I made to the inactive Bose wiki I found a few years ago. That is unless someone can suggest a better location to post them in.

So long Neon.    I think it would be great if you could put your guidelines somewhere that they would come up on a Google search of Bose.  I don't know if that's possible, but if they don't come up, then it's probably a useless exercise.

wrote:

So long Neon.    

Thanks Xyz987 (aka Jim_F). Sorry to see everyone go 😔

wrote:

I think it would be great if you could put your guidelines somewhere that they would come up on a Google search of Bose.  I don't know if that's possible, but if they don't come up, then it's probably a useless exercise.

I really would love to have them out there to help people and you are correct they need to be found via a google search.

I was thinking of that Bose Wiki site (That site does need attention, but with people like yourselves contributing, it could work), I don't know if reddit will work as it is formatted differently. I might try and contact the person who runs the Bose Github page and see if they can help.

Any suggestions about where I should put them would be appreciated of course.

And where do we get those useful  infos from other users if this community closes on sept. 30th. 2021?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/ 

or are there any good suggestions for communities with active bose soundtouch users? 

As for archival purposes it seems there are snapshots -of only the threadlisting- in

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/bd-p/soundtouch-speakers

Seems no real postings are archived.

But you can't access to subpostings by click, but have to find the threadurl in the link above and then search for postings by adding * at the right places: e.g.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Soundtouch-300-HDMI-ARC-suddenly-stopped-working/*

Perhaps we get archive.org to scan it a last time in sept. so most info stays there.

I forgot to mention your name. You were one of the highest rated contributors. I found your comments very reasoned and helpful.

@Suresh Kumar I always enjoyed responding to your well thought out questions.

Reddit looks interesting. I have gone there for helpful answers and opinion. Less organized though.

wrote:

My current Bose products,

2 x SoundTouch 20 series II 

2 x SoundTouch 10 upsers

2 x SoundTouch wireless link adapter

1 x SoundLink mini II

I have been a silent member of the forum since 2015. It’s been a regular habit to learn about these products over a cup of coffee. I will be sad to see the forum close.

Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was truly informative. Your website is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing!