Ti Tonematch Output To In Ear Monitor System

T1 Tonematch

UK

Hi.  I have a T1 Tonematch mixer primarily for use with my L1 system.  However, I also use it as a stand-alone mixer when playing through our church audio system.  For this setup, I use an LD MEI1000G2 wireless in ear monitor system as all the church speakers are in front of me.  I connect the IEM transmitter to the T1 Aux output (There is no earphone output on the T1.)  I'm trying to find the Aux output rating as I don't think it's high enough for the LD1000G2 which I don't believe has in internal amplifier to boost the signal.  While I get a signal to the IEM, it it quite distorted.  I have used several earphones/earbuds of varying quality, but there is still distortion.  Has anybody used this combination? If so, do you have any suggestions as to improving the setup without needing a second mortgage?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Additional gear used (e.g. instruments, mics, FX pedals, etc.)

Where did you experience the issue? (e.g. home, bar, performance hall, etc.)

Any troubleshooting steps you took

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on? (Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

App Version

Firmware Version

Hello Gouge47,

I don't have any direct experience with the LD MEI1000G2, but I downloaded the manual, and see that it should work just fine.

Some points to consider:

• Set the LD MEI1000G2 to mono; the T1 is a mono mixer.
  • Be sure to use a 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS cable from the T1 Aux Out to either the left or right input on the LD MEI1000G2.  Don't use any splitter cables, as the T1 sends out mono balanced audio -- running to a splitter cable will send the " " half of the balanced signal to the one input and the "-" half to the other, and they will cancel each other out (common reason for distorted sound.)
  • Make sure you are sending all the signals you want to the Aux port.  See this link in the Bose Professional Portable PA Encyclopedia for instructions on setting your Aux Out mix.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Does that help?

Problem solved.  I wasn't using a balanced TRS cable.  I purchased one and everything worked as it should.  Previously, I could only turn up the transmitter output to about 50% before there was white noise.  Now I can turn it up to the recommended level and, yippee, no distortion on the bass or any other input.

I had contacted LD (Adam Hall Group) and they said to get the system replaced under warranty.  Fortunately I didn't as I wanted to try everything I could to resolve the problem.

Many thanks for the suggestion Fish-54.