Too much dirty laundry?

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name doesn't mater

Countrydoesn'tmater

Firmware VersionDoesn't mater

App Versiondoesn't mater

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?probably after last "UPDATE"

Any troubleshooting steps you tooknone

I expect this will be taken down immediately. Just read the notice of the public forum shutting down. always had considered myself a Bose fan. NEVER again! I believe this is due to the public exposure of how screwed up you software can be. sounds are solid but the software updates seem to make this product worthless. 

AND THIS FORUM SHOWS HOW INEPT YOU CAN BE, TO THE PUBLIC!

The latest software try's to prevent me from using AUX in as a source input when using it in groups, something I had been doing for a long time. Kinda found a work around, which I won't tell to prevent another "Required/forced" software update.

not sure what to do, sell at this stuff or throw it in the trash so as not to inflict the next user to this junk!

Will now be relegated to a permeant lurker on Reddit, helping to prevent innocent people from making the same purchase mistake that this has become.

will be setting timer to see how long this stays up, to be posted on Reddit!

wrote:

The latest software try's to prevent me from using AUX in as a source input when using it in groups, something I had been doing for a long time. Kinda found a work around, which I won't tell to prevent another "Required/forced" software update.

What are you talking about? It still works just fine, I know as I am using AUX rebroadcast as I always have and I have the latest 27.0.2 update 🤷‍♂️

wrote:

Any troubleshooting steps you tooknone

I expect this will be taken down immediately. Just read the notice of the public forum shutting down. always had considered myself a Bose fan. NEVER again! I believe this is due to the public exposure of how screwed up you software can be. sounds are solid but the software updates seem to make this product worthless. 

AND THIS FORUM SHOWS HOW INEPT YOU CAN BE, TO THE PUBLIC! (..)

not sure what to do, sell at this stuff or throw it in the trash so as not to inflict the next user to this junk!

Will now be relegated to a permeant lurker on Reddit, helping to prevent innocent people from making the same purchase mistake that this has become.

will be setting timer to see how long this stays up, to be posted on Reddit!

Look I hate that this is happening as well (I'm really quite pissed/annoyed about it as I enjoyed helping people on this forum), but there is no reason to be salty about it. Don't punch down on people. The people you are yelling at have no say in the matter. The Admins here might be losing their jobs for all we know, so don't yell at them as they are probably the only ones at Bose who will ever read this.

I'm sure they wanted this forum to remain far more than you or I do.

See who at Bose you can contact, someone who's in charge (not just a random tech support person on the phone, they have no power either) and directly email or write a letter to those people in charge. They are the only ones who have any say and are the only ones who might change their minds if enough people speak up about this.

I've always been very happy with my Bose purchases.  I'm still using my Bose Soundtouch 300 5.1 system with no issues.

I keep getting a message that says I must use a streaming source, ST 10s and link adapter, happens the I tried withe one.  when this. come up I switch to a streaming source, play bit, then go back and select AUX IN and its works like in the past. Not really meaning to put down the moderators, I understand it may not be their fault, but I also think they can pass the concerns of the users to the people making the policy. 

wrote:

I keep getting a message that says I must use a streaming source, ST 10s and link adapter, happens the I tried withe one.  when this. come up I switch to a streaming source, play bit, then go back and select AUX IN and its works like in the past. 

I'm not quite sure what you described there, but I tried it out before I posted I ironically tried it from an AUX device connected to my ST10. It works as it always has. You might want to call up Bose 🤷‍♂️

wrote:

Not really meaning to put down the moderators, I understand it may not be their fault, but I also think they can pass the concerns of the users to the people making the policy. 

I am sure you didn't intend for it to come off that way. People just need to be careful who they vent to. The problem is I am sure that the Admins here have also voiced their concerns. This has to do with their livelihoods after all.

I highly doubt that decision-makers in Bose pay attention to this forum. I have no clue who specifically your anger should be vented to how to get a message to them as I am sure the admins would not be allowed to pass on that information.

Most likely anything written here will only be passed up to middle management and it'll stop there. Those in charge who made this decision will be blissfully unaware.

The only way to get this decision reversed would be if enough people here managed to make a big enough fuss about it WITHOUT harassing the admins who have no control over what happens. I can only assume that the Admins are on our side, after all, they are affected by this decision as well.

"I'm not quite sure what you described there, but I tried it out before I posted I ironically tried it from an AUX device connected to my ST10. It works as it always has."

AUX IN works on single units, but for me this shows up if I try doing this to a group of all my devices (4)

If your's works in groups, then maybe I have a different problem.

wrote:

"I'm not quite sure what you described there, but I tried it out before I posted I ironically tried it from an AUX device connected to my ST10. It works as it always has."

AUX IN works on single units, but for me this shows up if I try doing this to a group of all my devices (4)

If your's works in groups, then maybe I have a different problem.

It works when I put it in groups of multiple SoundTouch speakers. Maybe reboot your router & ST speakers? 🤷‍♂️

Check your setup I think you are doing something wrong. Contact Bose support for assistance.