Trouble connecting Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones to Windows 10 PC

I have yet to get a good connection when connecting my headphones to my computer. Only the right ear will connect. I have tried finding different drivers but was unsuccessful. When connecting the Soundsport Free's to my phone, the connection is perfect and works great in both ears. 

I am looking for a solution for connecting to my Windows 10 PC (Microsoft Surface Pro 3). Thanks.

I have the same problem.

Soundsports free is useless on mono on Windows 10. Tried 2 different windows 10 devices from 2 manufacturers and they all have the same problem. It connects as stereo then change to handsfree as soon as anything is played. I got it to work one time as a stereo so it's clearly a bug. 

If you are only hearing audio from the right earbud, the headphones are paired to the computer using the Bluetooth communication profile. When on a call, audio will only come from the right ear (just like your holding your phone to one ear while you can hear yourself talk with your other ear). To hear audio in both ears, the headphones need to be paired to the computer using the Stereo Audio profile (this can't be used for on-call communcations). Don't select any pairing options that begin or end with "LE" as this is a Bluetooth profile used to keep a connection with a device without using much energy.

Even with the proper Bluetooth pairing accomplished, the sound output settings of the computer and/or the application playing audio may need to be changed to send audio to the proper destination. Just because there's a Bluetooth connection between the computer and headphones, the soundcard or audio program may not be configured to automatically change to the new audio destination, though this varies by manufacturers and isn't needed in all cases.

Having same issues. 

On PC you have two sound options, Headset and Headphones.  Headset for placing and receiving calls (Right side only), Headphone for Music/Media (Right & Left side) stereo.

Same results on two different PC's Asus & Lenovo 64 bit running Windows 10.

Headphones, Bose Earbuds Stereo will not stay connected to play music.  The moment music starts the Headphones disconnect and defaults to Headset.

I believe if Bose would eliminate the sound on right ear only during calls will fix this problem especially since the majority of the users prefer having sound in both Right and Left during a call anyway.

I'm fairly certain this thread is the same issue as https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Soundsport-Free-doesn-t-match-as-an-headset-on-Windows-10/td-p/86492 -- which seems to be getting more moderator traction.

The issue described there is that the earbuds are frequently connecting in "Headset" mode rather than "Stereo Audio" mode, which means only the right earpiece receives audio (and at a lower quality).

While trying to connect to Reserve_C, I was able to get sound on both the left and right earbuds.  I played music through several songs via Windows Music Player.

Buds never connected to the Reserve_C but did allow me to connect to Buds Voice and Music.

I restarted the Windows pc to see if it would re-connect which it did and was able to continue to play several songs.

I then placed ear buds back in charging case, then tried to reconnect to Windows PC.  This time I was unable to establish sound on both left and right ear buds while playing music.  Buds defaulted back to just voice..

Here is a screen shot:

Sound on Left and Right ear buds

At times the sound would circle on and off the left and right buds like some one were turning the left bud on and off then sound would stay on consistantly in both ear buds.

Suggest giving the Reserved_C a hard look. 

I have the same problem right now. After I purchased this product, I tested it first on my PC and it worked both 100% Music, movies, etc. But when I started to set up this on my phone, It worked well on my phone until now but I'm trying to reconnect it to my PC it only plays the right earbud and it doesn't even play in music or in any movies anymore.

Hi Guys,

i had the same problem, the solution is simple.

1. put your both ear piece in case.

2. connect with usb cord

3. connect with laptop, it will try to reconnect 

4. take the ear piece out of the charging case and reconnect

problem solved it will connect to voice and music..

sound quality is great 

indivar

this really does work. 

thankyou so much

I really can't explain it, but this simple solution works for me with my surface book. Bizarro!

Dear Bose. Please fire your entire staff of engineers that work on bluetooth. It's been a trainwreck for both the QC-30s and now this. Really sad.

wrote:

Hi Guys,

i had the same problem, the solution is simple.

1. put your both ear piece in case.

2. connect with usb cord

3. connect with laptop, it will try to reconnect 

4. take the ear piece out of the charging case and reconnect

problem solved it will connect to voice and music..

sound quality is great 

indivar