TuneIn changes - Bose products now inferior

Hi all. Wondering if others are similarly affected. 

It seems there have been major changes to the TuneIn service. As a result, the number of available stations is now severely restricted.

Previously I was able to access a really decent number of stations (was even better before Bose switched to TuneIn). Now it's so limited that if I was purchasing now I would probably not choose Bose).

Seriously considering selling my unit. 

What do others think? Many thanks. 

wrote:

Hi all. Wondering if others are similarly affected. 

It seems there have been major changes to the TuneIn service. As a result, the number of available stations is now severely restricted.

Previously I was able to access a really decent number of stations (was even better before Bose switched to TuneIn). Now it's so limited that if I was purchasing now I would probably not choose Bose).

Seriously considering selling my unit. 

What do others think? Many thanks. 

If you are in the UK, TuneIn has blocked all international stations, but the following info should help you even if you are outside of the UK as Bose currently offers 3 ways to stream Internet Radio via SoundTouch:

1. TuneIn Radio (who are currently punishing their British customers)
    1. This does not only affect SoundTouch but everything in the UK that uses TuneIn.
    2. TuneIn is throwing a temper tantrum and obviously does not care about its business in the UK as it's a small market when compared to the US or EU. So UK users now cannot listen to International Radio Stations via TuneIn unless they change their minds. 

2. RadioPlayer 
    1. RadioPlayer has fewer stations than TuneIn, but it's worth searching there to see if it helps.

3. Custom URL Radio Streams
    1. To get the station you wish to listen to. Some places might be easy to find, others not so much. I am happy that this solution is given to us as it helps people get around geofencing like what TuneIn is doing currently. You could use an internet radio database like the ones I found here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, or here to help.

If options 1 & 2 don't work for you, use option 3.

Bose should add more services. That is unquestioned. After 7 years, only a handful of services have been added to this platform. Bose has officially discontinued SoundTouch and has another family of streaming speakers, while it is possible that might happen, it is unlikely.