Unable to pair Home 300 & Soundlink Revolve II

Hi, I want to pair a Home 300 and a SoundLink Revolve II, but cannot get it to work.

• I just bought both devices (in Norway).
  • I updated both.
  • I could not find a thread on this specific combination, and solutions from threads on e.g. 300 SoundLink Color don't fix the issue.

1: In the Bose Music app, I set up the Home 300, which works fine, and I can play music through it.

2: Then, I click on the Home 300 picture, go to Group, and to SimpleSync. It sees the SoundLink Revolve II (with Bluetooth discoverable on that device), I click the in the app, and then the following happens (see attachments):

"Connecting to Bose Home Speaker 300"

"Bose Revolve II SoundLink added to group"

"Oops - Something went wrong"

Bose 01.jpgBose 02.jpgBose 03.jpgBose 04.jpgBose 05.jpg

Once they did actually connect, and I could play music from both at the same time (although the volume control in the Bose Music app was very inaccurate and laggy). I've tried dozens of times more, but can't get it to connect again.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Question 2: When the two are paired in the app, could I then also connect through my computer's Bluetooth (MacBook Pro 13" 2020, MacOS Big Sur 11.4) and play music or a film using both speakers together?

Thank you so much for helping!
Jeroen

Hey Jeroen, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! Welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some difficulty connecting via SimpleSync. I'm confident we can get this resolved for you. 

I would recommend that you reset both the Home Speaker 500 and the SoundLink Revolve II. You can reset the Home Speaker 500 by unplugging from power for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. To reset the SoundLink Revolve II, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. 

Once complete, try connecting again. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Hi ,

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, resetting both devices didn't do the trick - I still get the same result...

Any other ideas?

Btw, it's the Home 300, not the Home 500.

Might there be a general problem with compatibility between different devices?

Best, Jeroen

, Thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry to hear you are still having issues grouping the two speakers. I would like to ensure that both of the devices are up to date on the latest firmware. The steps here will do this for the Revolve and here for the 300. Let me know if this helps. 

Hi ,

Thank you for your help.

I check whether they're updated already, and only the SoundLink had an update, which I ran.

But after that, nothing changed.

Best, Jeroen

Hello Jeroen01234, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Let's try clearing the paired Bluetooth lists of both the Revolve and the 300. Once we have done this, we will want to try and set up SimpleSync again. 

Let me know how this goes.