Updated May 10th - New Sleepbuds II Firmware and Bose Sleep App Update

Update - May 10th 

3.0.8 is now available on Android. There are no changes to the release notes from 3.0.7 below.

Update - April 26th 

3.0.8 is now available on iOS. There are no changes to the release notes from 3.0.7 below.

Update - April 15th 

Starting on April 15th, 2021, there will be a Sleepbuds II firmware update (version 11.14.1) available in the Bose Sleep app. 

Release Notes

• Battery reporting and charging improvements

Update - April 13th

3.0.7 is now available on iOS. iOS customers that wish to have the update immediately can go to the app stores and download manually. If you have any difficulty, see here. Customers downloading for the first time will get the new app.

The release notes for iOS are:

Release notes 

• Bug fixes and performance improvements
  • Transitioned all users to dark mode to reduce pre-bedtime exposure to bright screens

Original Post

Starting today an update to the 3.0.7 version of the Sleep app will be available through the Google Play Store to customers who have auto-updates enabled.  The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update for several days depending on your platform and region.

Android users will have to wait until their device becomes part of the roll out. You may need to restart your device to update an app. If you have any difficulty, see here

An update for iOS will be available next week.

Version Information:

• Android:  3.0.7

Release Notes

• Bug fixes and performance improvements
  • Added the ability to remove sounds from your Sleepbuds™ via the "Now Playing" screen
  • Transitioned all users to dark mode to reduce pre-bedtime exposure to bright screens
  • Improved sound transfer speeds by 100%

Not bad Bose, ability to removing sounds easily and dark mode (due to the last silly update that removed the simple play button on the start up screen) are features we’ve actually asked for, so fingers crossed we’ll now see some more regular updates with more features and enhancements we’ve asked for here since launch. I’ll take these for now (well, next week seeing as you’ve made the odd choice to launch an update on android a week ahead of iOS). 

Well, the IOS update has landed and there seems to be absolutely no change whatsoever. The sound selection screens still have huge bright images that disrupt the wind down before sleep and there has been no option added to remove sounds as stated. Are these android only functions? What exactly do you mean by ‘dark mode’ as you seem to have missed the exact point we raiders about the new screens being bright pictures instead of the previously available play button in the connection screen. Was yesterday’s IOS update only a preliminary update ready for this update? If this is the final version then I have to retract my initial excitement and confirm there appears to be absolutely no changes implemented. 

Still no update fixing all the bugs in the sound files themselves? Such a shame. The design is great but the sounds on II are heavily corrupted. I don’t get it because one sleepbuds 1 the sounds were fine. Multiple threads in the community and over Facebook but still Bose won’t address this... would love to see an update tackling this issue.

How are the sound files corrupted? I haven't run into any issues with the sound.

Consider yourself lucky then...

Every sound I have tried to use has strange background noises like pings, sirens, moaning to name a few. I had the original Sleepbuds and never had a problem. Warm Static was my go to, but when Bose replaced them with the Sleepbuds II these strange sounds started... I was hoping some of the new sounds like Sand and Mist would be better but they are not. Sometimes it starts right away, sometimes in the middle of the night like last night at 3:30am! I've contacted Bose on FB Messenger but they never have an answer and don't seem to care.   

Yup, exactly as jsvhere described. It’s probably the same for your sounds but you haven’t noticed it yet, don’t go trying to look if that’s the case! It’ll ruin sleepbuds for you!! 

Theres a few threads on it trying to figure out the issue but Bose is seemingly just ignoring it.

Ive found some use with “Portal” on the naturescapes but even that has high pitched bird squawk sounds occasionally in the background. It’s a case of you as an individual trying not to focus on the corrupt background sounds and hopefully getting to sleep before your focus turns there. To me, they’re always there, and if you know what to listen for it suddenly comes out. I always have to try focus my attention to a different pitch on the wavelength. But as jsvhere correctly said, there was no problem at all with buds 1, and you could just close your eyes and relax and off you go. This is just ridiculous. What I find amazing is a 20 year old guy made noise masking software and sounds in a free app, and they’re all completely round and clean. But a multi national company based on being sound experts can’t seem to get 5 seconds of audio round without clips and glitches. It’s remarkable how badly they dropped the ball on those sounds. Buds 2 themselves design wise are amazing! If they could JUST fix the sounds I’d buy 10 more haha

I did the update tonight and now the left sleepbud will not charge in the charging case. Whenever i set in the case, all 5 light flash momentarily before the 3 light error. The right bud charges and connects just fine. Because of this, the update will not complete and my sleepbuds are now useless this evening. ive tried resetting the case, cleaning the connections, updating the case, resetting my bluetooth. Nothing works and everything was perfect until this update. Please help these are so crucial to me being able to sleep.