Updating firmware

Hi there.  I am attempting to update my firmware to the latest version with a Mac.  When I click update in the updater, it opens a window that says "update settings from".  Then I choose L1 updater and click open and it says "the selected file is not compatible.  Please select a compatible file."  What am I doing wrong?  How do you actually update the firmware?

Hi Cwoody,

Please see this article

T4S/T8S Firmware Update Instructions

If you see a reference to L1 Updater - you may be using an older version of the ToneMatch Updater program.  Please follow the link above and watch the video.   You'll see the ToneMatch Updater program is looking for a file with a *.bos file extension.

This file contains both the ToneMatch Updater program and the latest *.bos file

ToneMatch Updater for Mac with firmware version 1.1.4

ST

I'm having the exact same issue and none of your links helped at all. They simply made me repeat the process. Can Bose not make a seamless updater that works with Macs? I feel like I'm stepping back to 1992 every time I try a firmware update on the Bose platform.  I work in pro audio in recording and frequently do updates with other companies and they all work seamlessly.    This is proving to be such a pain in the rear.   Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

David

Hi dmarais,

Issues can occur when trying to open the ToneMatch updater on Mac computers as the application is made by a third-party developer (i.e. not Apple). To open the application, please follow these steps:

1. Double-click on the ToneMatch updater to open. When the error message pops up with the option to 'Move to Bin', click on 'Cancel'.
  2. Open System Preferences > Security and Privacy then go to the 'General' tab.
  3. Click the lock to make changes.
  4. Under the section 'Allow apps downloaded from...', click on the 'Open Anyway' button for the ToneMatch Updater application. 

Hope this helps!