Upgrade firmware and how to charge battery

Please help!  I just got my S1 pro today and I have 2 questions from experts.

1 - Do i need to upgrade any firmware?

2- When I charge the battery , where the switch position should be , how long do I have to leave it on charge , and how to check the amount of use from battery? there is template comes with it but i am still a bit confusing. 

By the way, the S1 sounds amazing I plugged in Yamaha S950 keyboard and 1 Mic ( one man ban) it sounds so good. 

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated,

Sid      

Hi Sid,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.  Congratulations on getting your S1 Pro system.

It's highly unlikely you need to update the firmware, but here are some notes to help you check if you do.

S1 Pro Updates

Here's how to Check the Battery Level

Charging Times

Estimates:

• 6.0 hours Trickle charge (system idle, connected to AC Power), switch in Off or Play position
  • 2.5 hours Fast charge (connected to AC Power), switch in Fast Charge (down) position

We have all of this information and more in this article.

S1 Pro System

Please tell us how you are using your S1 Pro system.

Thanks,

ST

Aloha e Sid. I like to charge my Bose S1 Pro by pressing the top of the power switch to the on position. My experience and education with battery technology is that batteries last longer when trickle charged. I have not yet fast charged my personal Bose S1 Pro. There may be a future situation where I will fast charge between gigs in my car using my 12VDC to 110VAC inverter. I have used this inverter in my car to "top off" my Bose S1 Pro in trickle charge mode. Do you use your Bose S1 Pro on the ground, tilt back, monitor or pole mounted at your one man band gigs, Sid?

ST posted:

Hi Sid,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.  Congratulations on getting your S1 Pro system.

It's highly unlikely you need to update the firmware, but here are some notes to help you check if you do.

S1 Pro Updates

Here's how to Check the Battery Level

Charging Times

Estimates:

• 6.0 hours Trickle charge (system idle, connected to AC Power), switch in Off or Play position
  • 2.5 hours Fast charge (connected to AC Power), switch in Fast Charge (down) position

We have all of this information and more in this article.

S1 Pro System

Please tell us how you are using your S1 Pro system.

Thanks,

ST

Thank you ST

Ric posted:

Aloha e Sid. I like to charge my Bose S1 Pro by pressing the top of the power switch to the on position. My experience and education with battery technology is that batteries last longer when trickle charged. I have not yet fast charged my personal Bose S1 Pro. There may be a future situation where I will fast charge between gigs in my car using my 12VDC to 110VAC inverter. I have used this inverter in my car to "top off" my Bose S1 Pro in trickle charge mode. Do you use your Bose S1 Pro on the ground, tilt back, monitor or pole mounted at your one man band gigs, Sid?

I test it on the ground , I plan to get a stand for it soon