V35 - No house code

Hi

I had an old Lifestyle 48 system with Bose link operating several SA-2/3 amps for additional rooms in my home. I "upgraded" the console to a newer V35 model, but can not find the option to change the house code. Searching for information it seems like there has to be switches on the back of the remote, like on the old remote for LS48 - but there are no switches. Looking at the information on the screen holding the setup bottom on the console pressed for >5 sec, there are no house code information, but the room codes for the connected amps appears (C,D,E,F). Setting the additional remotes (PMC'S) to house code 15 don't make them work. There are no option in the UNIFY menu for this. What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks

Hi LarsT,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

You can find the house code and pair any expansion remotes to the Lifestyle V35 using the Unify menu by following these steps:

• On the control console, press Setup. The Setup menu with the Unify logo should appear on the TV screen - if it doesn't, select the correct TV input
  • On the main remote, press Down until "Homewide" is highlighted
  • Press OK
  • Press Up or Down to highlight "House code"
  • Press OK
  • Press Up or Down to highlight "Standard". The default is "15". Changing this selection will change the house code setting to "0" for Standard, "0A" for Alternative
  • On the expansion remote, press Stop. The system's house code setting will change to match the expansion remote
  • On the main remote, press Exit to leave the menu

You can also do this from the system information screen using these steps:

• On the control console, press Setup. The Setup menu with the Unify logo should appear on the TV screen - if it doesn't, select the correct TV input
  • Press and hold Setup until the System Information Screen displays
  • Change switches 1, 2, 3 and 4 under the battery cover on the back of the expansion remote to match the four lines shown to the right of the number on line 11. If six lines are shown, change switches 5 and 6 as well

Let me know how you get on!

Hi, and thanks for reply.

However, please read my post again - whatever your suggest, i have already written in my post is not a possibility :-(.

No switches in the back of the remote

No "homewide" option in the UNIFY menu.

So, what is wrong here?

Hi Lars T,

Would it be possible for you to send us an image of your remote control please? 😊

Absolutly, here it is:

, can you please try the following for me?

1. Be sure the console is running software version 01.07.00 or greater
  2. Press the Setup button on the PMCIII
  3. Tip the Navigation bar down to highlight the Room Code option, then press the Right Arrow button
  4. Highlight the Room Code that matches the room code of the expansion product and press the Navigation bar in to select it
  5. Press the Left Arrow button to exit the Setup menu

If the remote does not activate the expansion room, the default house code and/or house code mode may have changed. Try setting the remote to House Code 0 (switches 1, 2, 3 and 4 down).

Let me know how it goes. 

wrote:

Hi

I had an old Lifestyle 48 system with Bose link operating several SA-2/3 amps for additional rooms in my home. I "upgraded" the console to a newer V35 model, but can not find the option to change the house code. Searching for information it seems like there has to be switches on the back of the remote, like on the old remote for LS48 - but there are no switches. Looking at the information on the screen holding the setup bottom on the console pressed for >5 sec, there are no house code information, but the room codes for the connected amps appears (C,D,E,F). Setting the additional remotes (PMC'S) to house code 15 don't make them work. There are no option in the UNIFY menu for this. What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks

There are two versions of the AV35 receiver:

1. 2010-2013: Bose link multi-room
  2. 2013-2016: SoundTouch/WiFi multi-room (but you need the external adapter)

Confusingly, Bose did not appear to distinguish which version they are on the label. As both have the exact same AV35 model number. The only way I figured out how to know which version you were looking at, was by checking the wattage. The older ones required 20W of power, while the new WiFi versions required 35W of power.

So you need the 20W version if you need Bose link.

While googling, I found a few things:

1. Receiver's Bose Link In

In this article from 2012 and a 2010 review from CNET. They pointed out the "Bose link in" port on the AV35 along with the "Bose link out", something I forgot about. 

Lifestyle_V35_backpanel.jpg

"Boselink in" (but no "Bose link out") was found on their AV20 receivers.

Lifestyle_T20_inputs.jpg

Bose_Lifestyle_Home_Entertainment_Systems_Comparison_Chart.png

So if you still have your old Lifestyle 48 receiver I'm guessing that you can use that and plug it into the AV35. This might work for you or it might not. The downside is you won't be able to listen to anything plugged into the AV35 in other rooms.

2. Bose Link Remote incompatibilities

post from this forum that says you need the PMCIII or RC352S remotes to control your Bose linked AV35. While the Lifestyle 48 used the PMCII or the RC48S2-27.

According to a previous post on this forum, the PMCII cannot work with the AV35.

Hope that helps solve your problem 🙂

Hi, Perfect, in two attempt i purchased a new unit on ebay, and got the right verison - and it also lists the house code on the info screen, when holding the setup buttom. To your info that is another difference between the two versions - the Link version have 26 bullets in the infor list, the Sound Touch have only 25. (house code is missing. However, my sub amps still don't work, but i probably just need some new remotes now. I have only PMCII, and it seems like they have to be PMCIII.

Thanks 

wrote:

Hi, Perfect, in two attempt i purchased a new unit on ebay, and got the right verison - and it also lists the house code on the info screen, when holding the setup buttom.

Ah, so my guess was correct, you purchased the WiFi and not the BoseLink version previously.

wrote:

To your info that is another difference between the two versions - the Link version have 26 bullets in the infor list, the Sound Touch have only 25.

Thanks for the tip about other ways to distinguish the two. Though if you are purchasing off of eBay that might be hard to tell and the Wattage would still be far easier.

wrote:

house code is missing. However, my sub amps still don't work, but i probably just need some new remotes now. I have only PMCII, and it seems like they have to be PMCIII.

Yeah, I was worried that would be true, but at least you know how to fix this issue now 🙂 Also if you still have your AV48 you could use that as your home wide source and even connect it to your AV35. This way you get to use your uMusic system and the PMCII 🤷‍♂️

Glad I could help you on this one 😀