Voicelive Play squeals at louder volume Bose L1 pro 8

Just received my L1pro8 and can’t seem to use it with my Voicelive Play.

if I go over 1/3 volume, it steals like crazy. I updated the firmware first.

I rolled back the gain on the VL but still can’t turn up.

Is this something someone else has had? I have been playing with a Fishman SA220 for 10 years and have never had this problem. I have Bose 6 ft. In front of me. And it minimalists it but it’s still there. 

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Hi Jamuse,

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for joining us. 

I have a few further questions regarding your setup:

1. Which microphone are you using with the VoiceLive Play?
  2. What is the volume level set to for the VoiceLive Play output?
  3. Does the squealing sound still occur when all FX on the VoiceLive Play are bypassed?

I bypassed the voice live , bought a condenser mic, it worked better but now I have no compression or other features from the voice live on my guitar.

that being said, now the L1mix app is forgetting the scenes and changing the inputs etc. so I hit factory reset and now I can’t get the pa to recognize my phone.

Hi jamuse,

To re-pair the L1 Pro8 system with your phone over Bluetooth, try the following steps:

1. Remove the L1 Pro8 system from your phone's Bluetooth device list by choosing 'Forget This Device'.
  2. Clear the pairing list on the L1 Pro8 by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on the system for 10 seconds.
  3. On your phone, turn Bluetooth off and back on again. Your L1 Pro8 should appear as a new device to pair to.

Hope this helps!