Volume control interference with Quiet Comfort Earbuds

At 68 years old and somewhat tech savvy. I need to understand why I am having identical issues with my replacement Bose Quiet Comfort Earbuds. After returning and receiving my replacement set yesterday, Feb. 19 I am now questioning my functional understanding. After performing the Bose music updates to 4.2.4 and making the desired settings ie. volume control to on and disabling the voice prompts along with turning off Siri functions on my iPhone. I still experience voice prompts running interference with the right earbud volume control up/down. I’m experiencing the volume control only works part of the time before it is interrupted by the voice prompt. My second issue is the technical info page on the music app continues to retain the first Bose Quiet Comfort Earbuds serial number even after I deleted my music app and rebooted my iPhone 11. Before I just throw in the towel and return these replacement earbuds for a refund please look into my issue. After much research I cannot find a solution to the voice prompt/volume control interference. 

Hey , thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the touch controls and the Bose Music app. 

Accidental triggering of the voice assistant is something we're currently looking into. Even with Siri disabled, it's not possible to disable Voice Control on an iPhone when a Bluetooth device is connected. In the meantime, I recommend practicing the touch commands with much faster action. Avoid holding your finger whilst swiping for the best results. As soon as we have any information regarding this, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

It's very strange that your Bose Music app has retained the serial number from the first set of QuietComfort Earbuds you had. These would have been two separate entities and should not have mixed information. Could you please ensure that both entries of the earbuds you've had are removed in the Bose Music app. It may even be beneficial to clear the pairing list on the earbuds to establish a completely fresh connection with your phone and app. To do this, first, go to your settings in the Bose Music app. Then select Manage Your Products, Edit, select the earbuds and delete. Next, go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and remove the earbuds from your Bluetooth device list. Lastly, hold the Bluetooth button on the case of your earbuds for 10 seconds. The LEDs on the earbuds will glow blue to suggest they're ready to connect. Now reconnect them, add them to your Bose Music app and let me know if the same issue persists.

Thank you for responding so quickly. First of all, the quick swipe up or down on my right earbud works quite well for adjusting the volume level. However, I did follow your instructions to delete and reinstall the new device. Now the SN under settings/technical from the Bose music app. do not match the SN on the outside of the package but do match the RIGHT earbud SN from the package. Is this correct?

Glad to hear this! That is correct. The earbuds will have a different serial number to the one shown on the box, but if we enter any of them into our system, they'll all relate back to the same product. This is completely normal. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

E

I purchased my Quiet Comfort Earbuds with the intention of using them while managing my lawn for hearing protection as well as listening to music. I am please to report that these earbuds performed as I had hoped. I turned on the headphone safety of my iPhone and rarely max out the volume at 85 decibels while mowing with my John Deere tractor, gas powered trimmer and blower. With the noise cancellation on I can hear my music beautifully. Thus far I highly recommend these earbuds for this application. My next tests will be mowing in the high summer humidity and listening to the broadcast while attending INDYCAR races.