Volume Control on new QuietComfort & Sports Earbuds

Neither QuietComfort or Sport Earbuds pages mention volume control as part of the touch control feature - can volume be adjusted directly from the earbud? If not, I won't be buying them.

Hey there!

Thank you so much for your post and for your interest in our new earbuds. 

For details about the included features of these earbuds, I would recommend checking out the product page on our website. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please reach out again!

It looks like both earbuds have touch control for everything just like NC700. Swiping up and down on the right earbud changes volume.

You didn't answer the question.

I'll ask another - can you advance to the next song by tapping on the earbud?  Or can you cycle backwards through your music through touch controls?

Where are you seeing they have touch control like the NC700s? I've been looking at the manuals and can't find that.

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

The earbuds do both have touch controls similar to the NC700s but there are some differences. Neither QuietComfort Earbuds nor Sport Earbuds offer volume control on the bud.  It’s a feature that we’ve received a lot of interest in, and are exploring, but is still in research. We do not know at this time if it will be integrated, but sincerely appreciate all of your feedback.

As for skipping to the next track, there is a "shortcut" button on the left earbud that can be programmed to either skip a track or announce the battery level. More information on this feature can be found HERE.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions!

In the words of reality TV, I'm out.

Bose have scored a colossal own goal as far as I'm concerned. Sennheiser, he we come.

Before I buy these can someone tell me how you control the volume? I didn't even see this information in the manual download.

Hi Tx91791,

Thanks for reaching out!

To control the volume on your QuietComfort Earbuds, this will be from the connected device or via the Bose Music app. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know. 

UGH, this is a deal breaker.  

Hello everyone,

Once again thank you very much for your feedback. 

Our 4.2.4 Bose Music app update to allow volume control is now live and you can read more about this HERE. You'll need to first activate the option in the settings menu.

How to enable volume control:

To activate this new feature, open the Bose Music app and follow these instructions:

1. Tap on the product tile from your My Products page
  2. Tap the Setting icon in the top right corner
  3. Navigate to the Control section
  4. Toggle Volume ON to enable on-product touch volume control

We hope you enjoy this feature! Please leave us feedback below!