Wave Soundtouch IV does not connect to wifi

I have a Wave Soundtouch IV that is about 1 year old. I am not able to setup bluetooth or wifi connectivity. I have tried to reset both the radio and the base but still unable to see the Bose network in my device network list. I have tried multiple devices and computers to try and connect with no luck. I do get a solid amber light on the base but i don't get the message on the screen. Can someone please help?

1 Like

Hey , welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you're not able to make use of the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity features of your Wave SoundTouch Music System IV. 

It's great that you've been through steps such as performing a reset already. Next, I'd recommend ensuring that the latest firmware is installed. You can do this manually by visiting here.

Let me know how you get on with this.

I have downloaded the Update file to a USB jump drive.

1. Unplugged the Radio.

2. Inserted drive into Setup B

3. Plugged unit back in while holding control button for 3 sec.

4. I see the "Please Wait" msg for about 20 sec and then waited about 15min.

a. I assume the update is complete when the LED quits flashing for some time but not sure since there is nothing in the directions or confirmation on the unit. (I also tried with USB cable but the status bar never moves.)

5. Open Sound Touch app select add speaker>select "Cant see network"

6. Press and hold control button for several seconds. 

7. Amber light comes on solid.

8. Search network list on multiple devices for anything that says BoseXXX.

Nothing is available to connect to.

Thanks for getting back to me . Sorry that this didn't resolve the issue. 

Could you please try the alternate setup method which can be found here?

Let me know if you have success with this.

I tried creating the network.txt file and following the directions. Im not convinced the install of the update or the network files are successful. It doesnt appear to do anything different or give any indication that the load was successful. It will read the drive for a few seconds but nothing after that. 

So far its the same results...

1. In the ST app> try to add speaker and it cant find. Prompts to put Wave into setup mode.

2. Press Control and wait for solid amber light. (Still no msg on screen but light does come on.)

3.Search for network in device list but Bose Internal WiFi is not showing. 

This is certainly odd behavior. I'm sorry that the troubleshooting steps so far have not improved your issue. 

I would recommend resetting the Wave system before you start the alternative set up mode so as to have a better chance of rebroadcasting the signal. 

Do you have any display on the unit at all? Like if you use the radio or a CD? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Yes the display on the radio seems to be working fine. Just everything that is related to the pedestal is what does not seem to be working. When I do the reset the LED turns white and flashes for about 30 sec or so. Then nothing after that. I can press the control button at this point to get the yellow light to come on but the internal wifi is never visible for a device to connect to. When try the alternative method (after a complete reset of the radio and base) i dont get any different LEDs. Still the same yellow but only after pressing and holding control for a few seconds.  

Hey ,

Thank you for giving this a try! 

I'm sorry to hear that this did not resolve your issue. At this point, we have tried all the troubleshooting steps we would usually recommend for this issue and would recommend that you reach out to your local team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you!

If there is anything else we can help you with, please reach out to us again!