What is the Lifestyle 550 / 600 / 650 receivers name?

Hello, I have looked online and found the names for most of Bose's receivers. But after the AV20 / AV35 came out Bose seems to have changed their receiver names from the previous "AV##" standard to "Model ######" names.

Can you confirm this?

I noticed that the receiver for the Cinemate 120 / 130 / 220 / 520 was named as such, but was later changed to the AV120 / AV130 / AV220 / AV520 (I saw some SoundTouch systems sold with the Cinemate labelled receivers, so I assume it happened sometime after the SoundTouch versions came out). Yet each one has a "Model 414642" written next to it.

So it seems that the official name for this receiver is "Model 414642"?

s-l1600 c120.jpg Cinemate 120 Control Console Model 414642

s-l1600 av120 c.jpg AV120 Control Console Model 414642

s-l1600 av130 c.jpg Cinemate 130 Control Console Model 414642

s-l1600 av130 a.jpg AV130 Control Console Model 414642

s-l1600 c220.jpg Cinemate 220 Control Console Model 414642

s-l1600 av220 a.jpg AV220 Control Console Model 414642

s-l1600 c520 e.jpg Cinemate 520 Control Console Model 414642

s-l1600 av520 b.jpg AV520 Control Console Model 414642 

It is harder to find images of the Lifestyle 550 / 600 / 650's labels, but the ones I did find appear to be the same, with it simply called the "Lifestyle Control Console" and including a model number. All without an "AV" number shown.

sn-location_ls-control-console.jpg

Model 420128

Can you verify for me that "Model 414642" & "Model 420128" are what these receivers are called?

Hi NeonsNight,

This is a great question! I'm going to guess it's in relation to the really helpful post you've been putting together showing which components work with which systems.

You are correct that the naming scheme for the consoles has changed, and the newer ones don't use the AV## numbering anymore. Internally we tend to use the name "Lifestyle Control Console" for the console used with the 550, 600, and 650, it doesn't have another name. If you wanted to give the consoles a unified name that is specific to just those consoles for your post then the "Model 420128", would work. If people are reaching out to us directly, then using the term "Lifestyle Control Console" would be simpler for us to find, but "Model 420128" will find the correct part on our systems.

For the Cinemate and SoundTouch systems, it's very similar to the 550, 600, and 650. Internally these consoles are referred to as the "CineMate 120 Console" or "SoundTouch 520 Console" rather than being given a unified AV## name like the older systems. So if someone, were to contact support about these consoles, using the correct "CineMate 120 Console" type name would enable us to find the part easier. Again for your post if you want to reference these consoles as "Model 414642", it will still be possible for us to find the part with that information and probably makes life easier for you when talking about compatibility.

I hope this helps!

wrote:

Hi NeonsNight,

This is a great question! I'm going to guess it's in relation to the really helpful post you've been putting together showing which components work with which systems.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, those took a long time to research and to create as there seems to be conflicting information out there about what each lifestyle can and cannot do. One example would be that some are under the incorrect impression that the AV20 / AV35 supports DTS-HD Master Audio when it only reads the "core" lossy DTS signal.

I also discovered that Bose does not list all of its older systems on the support page like the Lifestyle 11, 30 series I, and a few others that I tried to look for, but cannot recall at the moment. 

wrote:

You are correct that the naming scheme for the consoles has changed, and the newer ones don't use the AV## numbering anymore. Internally we tend to use the name "Lifestyle Control Console" for the console used with the 550, 600, and 650, it doesn't have another name. If you wanted to give the consoles a unified name that is specific to just those consoles for your post then the "Model 420128", would work. If people are reaching out to us directly, then using the term "Lifestyle Control Console" would be simpler for us to find, but "Model 420128" will find the correct part on our systems.

For the Cinemate and SoundTouch systems, it's very similar to the 550, 600, and 650. Internally these consoles are referred to as the "CineMate 120 Console" or "SoundTouch 520 Console" rather than being given a unified AV## name like the older systems. So if someone, were to contact support about these consoles, using the correct "CineMate 120 Console" type name would enable us to find the part easier. Again for your post if you want to reference these consoles as "Model 414642", it will still be possible for us to find the part with that information and probably makes life easier for you when talking about compatibility.

I hope this helps!

So the model names are not really used internally but are known. Ok.

Yes, I wanted to find a way to distinguish them for the future. Unless something dramatic happens, Bose will eventually release a new Lifestyle system. I can only assume that the next receiver would not also be called "Lifestyle Control Console", but it is a possibility. So the model name might be the only way to distinguish them. 

Do you happen to have any good photos of the "Model 420128" receiver's label that you can share here? I have found a few, but they are rather low quality and not as helpful as I would have liked. Also, it would be nice if there could be some high-quality images of the rear connections of the older systems placed on your system help pages.

Thanks 🙂