When will 700 Surround be back in stock

Extremely unprofessional on part of Bose for having Surround Sound 700 available as a package to New Buyers but not selling it separate to existing Bose Customers. I already have a Bose Sound bar/ Sub woofer as well. Moreover I bought the Stand for Surrounds as well. Its been forever that Bose is not making it available to their existing customers. 

Something not expected of Bose, to focus purely on sales and ignoring existing Loyal customer. Looks like its time to move on. 

wrote:

Extremely unprofessional on part of Bose for having Surround Sound 700 available as a package to New Buyers but not selling it separate to existing Bose Customers. I already have a Bose Sound bar/ Sub woofer as well. Moreover I bought the Stand for Surrounds as well. Its been forever that Bose is not making it available to their existing customers. 

Something not expected of Bose, to focus purely on sales and ignoring existing Loyal customer. Looks like its time to move on. 

There is a worldwide chip shortage delaying new and current products alike throughout the world. It is affecting everything from cars to gaming consoles.

This isn't even limited to chips but other items that are shipped in from around the world. There are a few great videos to watch on this subject if it'll make things easier:

With high demand coupled with a small supply, it is increasing their price. So I am unsurprised that this is also affecting Bose. Nobody is sure if it will be this year or the next when things will get back to normal.

Wikipedia - 2020–21 global chip shortage :

So I wouldn't blame Bose for this as there is a good chance that they don't know when supplies will get back to normal as it seems nobody does. This is a global issue affecting pretty much everyone.

Thanks for the reply. 

My concern is that someone at Bose took a decision to allocate inventory to new Buyers buying Bundles only and ignoring existing customers. You can buy these as a part of Bundle but not if you already own a system and need an additional surround. 

I ordered my surround speakers from the Bose website.

Everybody's looking for the same 700 speakers. This company has gone downhill ever since they sold to Apple. They have refused to answer any questions other than saying go to our website which does not answer any questions at all. I have been given 3 different months and dates of when the product will be back in stock stock. Those 3 months and 3 different dates are now 5 months old. Still no stock available. Please give an honest answer. Because I too am stuck with the 700 sound bar and no speakers. Very very sad way to run a company.

Have you received the product , I am trying to buy since Nov 2020.

Are you residing in US?

KN

, the most up to date information can be found on our website. On the community we cannot assist in customer service or sales enquiries. 

wrote:

This company has gone downhill ever since they sold to Apple. 

No, Bose has not been sold to Apple. Where are you getting this from? Bose has been privately owned since it started and before Dr Bose died he donated a majority of Bose's non-voting shares to MIT.

One of the main aims of this was to ensure that what you said could never happen:

MIT will become BOSE's majority shareholder - but under the terms of the agreement, it cannot sell these shares. One intriguing consequence of this gift is, therefore, that makes it far more likely that the corporation must remain privately held. This is almost a "mission lock" - a structural arrangement which locks a business into the values of its founders. (..)

The transfer of non-voting stock to MIT makes the company less attractive to acquirers and highly unlikely ever to go public. Which is presumably what Amar Bose wanted in the first place. (..) So Bose has done three things with his gift: he's given his money to an organization he knows well and cherishes; he's locked his company into private ownership and he has - as far as anyone can - locked in its research-driven mission. This is as strategic as any gift gets.

It sounds like you are reading an unsubstantiated rumour on the internet that is almost certainly not true 🤷‍♂️

wrote:

Everybody's looking for the same 700 speakers. 

Yes. That is why nobody can purchase them 🤷‍♂️

wrote:

They have refused to answer any questions other than saying go to our website which does not answer any questions at all. I have been given 3 different months and dates of when the product will be back in stock stock. Those 3 months and 3 different dates are now 5 months old. Still no stock available. Please give an honest answer. Because I too am stuck with the 700 sound bar and no speakers. Very very sad way to run a company.

There is a World Wide Chip shortage. Read this post as I share over a dozen articles about this global issue. I even talk about why I believe home systems have been particularly affected by this.

I hope that this at least explains what is going on with not only bose but with companies across the world 😉

My current UPS tracking number says for this Friday the 4th delivery and Yes I'm in the US. I will again update when I receive these speakers this Friday or earlier whenever that may be.

I just now finally received my Bose 700 Surround speakers! I havnt installed them yet but I will shortly. If anyone has other questions or comments please feel free to do just that. I will try my best to respond as soon as I can. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay Safe & Be Well! 🙂