Why is "The GodFather" the device name on the iPhone when SoundSport is connected with BT?

Hi -  For some reason, the name "The GodFather" is now showing up on my iPhone as the device name when I connect the SoundSport. I've tried turning Bluetooth on and off, and I did a "Forget this device" but no change. Everything works fine, and just updated the firmware to 2.7.7 to see if that helps, but no change.

Any ideas what this problem is or how to rename it to something like "Bose SoundSport"? ;^)

its random name pulled from a pool of names. You cam change it in the phone app.

someone must have renamed the headphones.  Did you purchase them brand new in a sealed box?  Or were they maybe a demo or customer-returned open box unit?  

It's actually quite easy to change the name, by using the Bose Connect app on your Android or iPhone device.  Open the app, tap the gear icon at the top right of the Connect app, then tap on Product Name and you can type in a new one.

PS you're not the only person who had an unexpectedly named set of headphones:  https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC30-Name-Issue/m-p/45611/highlight/true#M1931.  

Thank you and - that explains a lot! No, these were purchased new and sealed when we got them. These are actually my wife's headphones, and don't know if she has the Bose Connect app on her phone - will check out shortly . . . Whew! Smiley Happy

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in here and add to the great tips offered by . We do have another post with step by step instructions (including pictures) on how to change the name of your headphones using the Bose connect app. You can see it HERE.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support