Bose 900 sound formats

I purchased my in german retail store called "Mediamarkt".

I purchased mine from bose and got the soundbar 900 at monday. 

When did you order and which Bose website?

Thursday Last week. 

Which Bose regional website did you order from?

germany

Cheers. It sounds like everyone in Germany is getting their stock such as YouTube, resellers, and home users. The UK is still waiting for it to be dispatched.

Don't slow down! in France, we come across a 404 error: "A custom errorhandler for 404 responses" when we click on "buy"! 

Just had a talk on the phone with bose support in germany. I asked them why its still not possible to have google chromecast on a 950€ product. They said its because amazon and the contracts with them. They are now even more tight with amazon than before due to the voice technology in 900 soundbar where you can control your tv with. They do not allow them to support competitors. What the **bleep** is this Bose. I do not use or will ever use amazon alexa. In my car is google assistant or carplay and thats what i want at home. Maybe thats also the reason why they will close this page here down.

Another thing is youtube music support. They will not add it because of amazon contracts. there you have it.

Just got my Soundbar 900 yesterday, had been using a Soundtouch 300 for the past 3 years, no problems connecting my 2 bass modules and surrounds. All I needed to do was to power them off for 30 seconds, power them back on and wait for a flashing amber light before adding them.

Is the no Chromecast a German or Europe thing? The reason I ask is mine definitely has Chromecast, it's one of the main reasons I decided to upgrade. I listen to a lot of music and normally I just use a Roku app, for example Tidal, but a lot of times I don't want to have the TV on when I'm just listening to music and Chromecast solves that problem.

Also, curious if anyone has any idea what the DAC in the 900 supports in terms of music. I always heard that the DAC in the 300 supported 24/96 but of course there was never any way to confirm this. 

I will miss these forums, very sorry to see them go, I probably hit the Soundtouch forum every day and it was always a great sharing and learning experience.

-Skip

wrote:

Just got my Soundbar 900 yesterday, had been using a Soundtouch 300 for the past 3 years, no problems connecting my 2 bass modules and surrounds. All I needed to do was to power them off for 30 seconds, power them back on and wait for a flashing amber light before adding them.

Is the no Chromecast a German or Europe thing? The reason I ask is mine definitely has Chromecast, it's one of the main reasons I decided to upgrade. I listen to a lot of music and normally I just use a Roku app, for example Tidal, but a lot of times I don't want to have the TV on when I'm just listening to music and Chromecast solves that problem.

Also, curious if anyone has any idea what the DAC in the 900 supports in terms of music. I always heard that the DAC in the 300 supported 24/96 but of course there was never any way to confirm this. 

I will miss these forums, very sorry to see them go, I probably hit the Soundtouch forum every day and it was always a great sharing and learning experience.

-Skip

glad to hear this speaker supports two bass modules. Bet that fills out the sound in your room nicely!