Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

I just purchased and received my QC Earbuds.  I have tried all three tips in both ears and they fall out.  I followed the step by step technique on your app and it still fell out.  I am also not hearing the noise cancelling...I am assuming because I can't get a seal.

To compare, I also have the QC 20 and they fit perfectly with great noise canceling.  

I compared the regular QC 20 ear tips (regular size) to the three that come with the QC earbuds.  It matches the wing of the large but the canal tip found on the small.  This is what fits my ear. Is there other eartips I can have that will match the QC 20 regular size and material...before I return this?  I also feel like the earbuds silicone material is VERY slick, the QC 20's are more sticky creating more friction to keep them in my ear.

Here's hoping for different tips for my QC earbuds please!

I am having a identical problem, been using Bose earbuds for years because of the great tips. This is the first time I've had troubles keeping them in my ears.

Exact issue here..

These earbuds give me the worst anxiety, I feel like I am walking down the street trying to balance a glass of water on my head

I tend to keep my hands free when using them as I have to keep adjusting them, they sit like they are about to fall out of my ear at any second. this is frustrating as it keeps activating bixby or messing with the settings. 

the Instruction on how to fit them does not work. you cannot rotate them oncec in your ear, it just twists the silicon

I am going to give Bose a call today to see if they are across this but will more than likely list these on gumtree tonight and move to airpods

I will be returning mine as soon as I can. I have tried everything possible. I really don't understand how this is not a major topic!.

I watched a vlogger claim to wipe ears with baby wipes to make them stay in place....I did not pay $300 to go through this nonsense. Maybe they will address it, unfortunately, I do not have the patience.

I am really frustrated. I've long used Bose ear tips because of their excellent comfort and fit (the QC20s are fantastic). These new QC earbuds tips are terrible.

I find the wings need to be really bent back to fit into the concha, and it doesn't take much for them to ping back out again. The small tips are too small given they need to be bent backwards, and the mediums are too big. It doesn't take more than a bit of a head wobble with either size tips for the buds to fall out.

I can't see Bose releasing new / different ear tips for these, so they will have to be returned. A shame.

Hey,

I just received my QC Earbuds on 07/10/20 and I am having the same problem. For my left ear the fit is great but for my right ear the fit is loose. Just walking quickly dislodges the right earbud and it feels like it is hanging on for dear life. This does not make the experience of using them enjoyable and you do not pay almost $300 for kind of ok earbuds.

I will get in touch with Bose to see if they can suggest anything but sadly I think they have to go back as it is a lot of money to just live with the inconvenience. For me a secure fit is a huge factor in enjoying music with earbuds.

I am open to any suggestions from other users but it seems as you have all had a similar challenge.

Pav

I had to fit the large tips to mine. All of my other Bose buds and in-ears have used the medium fit. Very snug fit with large.

Guess we all have individual ears. Another very well known brand won’t stay in for love nor money.

I just filed for a return for the same reason. My SoundSport Free earbuds always stayed in and I expected the new version to be even better. Not only can’t I run in them, I can’t work out in any way as they fall out after 30 seconds. Bose, you really messed up here.

I ended up calling Bose to ask if they had complaints about the tips as yet and tried to explain the issue but the operator I spoke to just told me to change the tip size. I dont think she understood the issue

C'mon Bose, Surely you are watching this thread? please chime in.

I had filed for a return on my new Sport earbuds because of this issue, but decided to try trimming the flange on the ear canal portion so that it matched my old Soundsport Free tips. This allowed the tip to go deeper into my ear and lock in place much more securely. I think this will work. Bose, take note of this.

Eric. please let me know how the trimming goes I might try the same

Eric. I ended up trying your method and it worked, Here is a pic of the left bud with the section that goes into your ear cut. I have done it to both now and tested them.

(note. I did tidy up the cut after the photo)

Just that little bit cut off actually helps the buds sit closer to your head and doesnt pull on the wingtip like its going to pop out of your ear.

It still feels a little bit strange but I think that it is because the tips are made of a differant silicon than before.

20201011_183632.jpg

It's shocking to me that this has to be done in order for the buds to fit correctly.  My QC's are supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I was super excited to get them, but now, after reading a few posts in regards to these new buds, I'm not overly impressed.

I used to have the Soundsport Free buds, and they fit perfectly.  They wouldn't budge after I put them in my ear, and I didn't even notice they were there at all.  I ended up returning them because the BT kept dropping out.

I exchanged them for the Sony WF1000XM3, and although they sounded great, there was no way I could get them to stay in my ears.  I tried different aftermarket tips and that didn't even help.

For the record:

I went through 2 QC20's (I have had them since they were released) and I find Bose stay hear ear tips to be the most comfortable solution for my ears.

The problem:

QuietComfort Earbuds come with a completely different material Stayhear tips. QC20's had some kind of a silicon based, rubbery compound. They were not slippery in your hand or ear, stayed in position and had my earphones placed in my ears no matter what.

These new earbuds come with some smooth to the touch material that makes them fall from my ears no matter the size or how I put them. 

I was shocked that how it is even possible? So I compared my old QC20's and these new ones to the touch and the problem became obvious. The shape is more less the same, placement as well but the tips material is different.

Bose? I am afraid I will be returning these unless you are planning to supply these earbuds with the same material as the good old QC20's had?

Sadly having the same issue. Tried every ear tip, every "twist" and angle trying to fit it, and felt like I was cleaning my ears just trying to get it to stay in. Don't know if I'm being stupid or what, but if it has to take this much effort just to put on the headphones, then it's not worth it. Don't even know how good the sound quality or noise cancellation is because it always falls out. I'm so disappointed because I was really looking forward to these.

Unfortunately I started messing with the tip and cut out a bit like the guys above. It did not help much so if you are thinking about returning them - just do it and don’t experiment with cutting out the silicon tips...

The QC20 earbuds had the best fit I could imagine. I even build sleeping plugs filled with rubber from them because they fit so perfectly. I used the middle size (M) with the old QC20.

Now with the new QC earbuds the size 1 fits best'ish. Though the wing of the tip is not sitting in my ear at all with all the sizes.

I'm super confused because I waited explicitly for the bose earbuds with the expectations the comfort and fit will be as good as with the QC20 but now I'm scared that they will drop out out of my ear...

Please make smaller ear tips (xsmall, xxsmall). I have small ears. The new small ear tips fit like a large. It’s uncomfortable. I’m debating whether to return it or not. It might fall out when I exercise. I like the old earbuds fit better. Please consider! I like Bose for its music quality but the fit is disappointing.  

Hello,

Wondering if there are any plans on releasing more comfortable earbuds for the QC Earbuds?
I came from QC 20 II (for Android) and I can use them for an entire workday without even remembering they are inserted into my ears but with my new QC Earbuds I really notice pain and strain after even 2h.

Wearing them for an entire workday (or until the battery dies) is not possible.
Yes I've tried different sizes of eartips and yes I've watched the fitting guide on how to insert the earbuds into my ears.

Are there any plans on releasing eartips with another design as an accessory for these earbuds?

Best Regards - Karl, Sweden

Hey Karl, thanks for getting in touch!

I am sorry to hear that the StayHear Max tips have not been best suited for you. It's great that you've tried the different sizes and ensured they are fitted correctly. At this moment in time, these are the only compatible eartips. With this in mind, I will be more than happy to pass your feedback on to our development team for future consideration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.