Comfort and stability - QuietComfort and Sport Earbuds

I got my Sport Earbuds as a gift for Mother's Day and I was super excited to use them. I have the same problem everyone else has- THEY WON'T STAY IN!! I have tried all three sizes of tips and even different sizes for each ear, nothing has worked! I would love to keep them but unfortunately I think I will have to return them and go with another brand. It's really sad that Bose doesn't seem to want to help all of us and fix the problem. 

Will Bose address current low quality ear tips?

i have been offerred to test currently beta tested replacement tips for evaluation, but was refused because I live outside USA. 

Any updates?

I too was really frustrated and wondering how to return these QC Earbuds.

Super, super sound & great noise canceling, but if they fall out on a walk or run or in the street, they're pretty useless.

Here is the solution ----- and it's such a simple one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQlvKL9va0g

Since watching this video, I'm back in business.  I hope it works for all of those of you who are frustrated to the point of taking them back!

I am now finding the same problem. The issue is the dumb skirt on the ear bud. I had to cut it with scissors. That skirt pushes the earbud out of our ears. Did they never put them in their ears during testing? Other brands have a more round ear insert rather than this triangle style and they fit much better. Any update, ?

The above video did absolutely nothing for me. I've tried every angle, twist, pushing them in harder. They are just terrible!

My Bose SoundSports were absolutely awesome!! They would never fall out or never feel like they were about to fall out.

You can't even walk down the street with these and feel reassured they won't just pop out of your ear and hit the pavement.

I waited a year and a half for these to come out.

First disappointment was the lack for colour choices.

After having to settle for black, this tip issue is just unbelievable, I just have no idea how Bose released these in this state.

I've tried everything mentioned anywhere online and it just comes down to being a bad design.

So disappointed!!

If they don't come up with a fix for these they are literally a $300 bit of unusable trash that is going to sit in the bottom of my tech draw.

Hi Vicky, could you please add me to your list as well.

Thanks

, I am sorry that this did not work for you. @ Think1st I have added you to the list of users who would like a different size. 

Well, I'm going to have to return them and probably won't buy anymore Bose products because I like consistency in brand, but if they do fix them I may reconsider coming back, we'll see.

, I am sorry to hear this. Be assured if we have any feedback from the development team we will be sure to post it here in the Community Forums. 

Yep, the skirt definitely seems to be the problem. In addition to the skirt size, I think the material is too hard so it can't really squish. The old material was more malleable and it seems to be a bit slippery maybe from my skin's oil, however, this was not the case with the old material.

I posted this on 21 May and have not had an acknowledgment from Bose. I have owned six different types of various Bose earbuds. I have loved five of them.

I am about to dispose of these earbuds, and buy some Sony ones, because they are not fit for purpose. I cut the earbuds which helped a little, but is totally unacceptable to need to do that considering the price the earbuds are.

I hope Bose realise that long term customers are so annoyed that they will never buy anything Bose again. At least show us some of the good faith that we have shown their company by allowing all customers to return this expensive, but not fit for purpose, earplugs.

Wish I would have read this forum before purchasing the QC earbuds.  I cannot get a good seal with the left eartip and have tried every method possible, except cutting the rim of the eartip.  It's really a poor eartip, both in material (extremely smooth, slippery material) and design.  Also, all of my eartips are an oval shape versus round, presumably from being flattened in the box, which I'm sure doesn't help the situation.

My excitement in purchasing these has turned to frustration and disappointment, and it looks like Bose really has no answer despite the plethora of complaints on this forum.  This was my first Bose product of any kind and likely my last.  Too bad, because I think the QC earbuds are otherwise terrific.

I assume it'd be awesome to have a bit more manipulate over the EQ inside the Bose Music app but something I even have found to paintings genuinely properly is to simply use the EQ settings constructed in in your song app of Choice.

A little bit of feedback on QC EarBuds after 1 month:

1. Perfect sound! i supposed to return them back after some time (for reasons listed below), but after listening to all available top TWS headphones in the shop (apple airpods pro, sony, sennheizer, jabra) - no one can beat Bose for sound! so i decided to stay with QC Earbuds (which is my second Bose along with NC 700).

2. Software\firmware problem. After 2-3 weeks of usage hard reset (30 sec BT button) is required. Unless you do it regularly - left earphone begins to live his own life, also in-ear sensor stops to work etc. I hope Bose will fix it with firmware - otherwise sometimes i will get tired of it and just will return it back to shop.

3. Microphone problem in noisy surrounding. my second target for Earbuds was to use in connection with iPhone 12 for regular work calls, but all whom i call suffer external noise from my mic. come on, Bose - this is noise cancelling headphones, why dont you use these mics for also cancelling noise during phone calls?? compared to it, my second QC700 work just perfect - then it's software problem.

4. also, due to rubber tips form and material QC Earbuds are NOT convenient for often put in - take out. great for listening to music or movie in train\airplane but forget to use them as phone headset.

5. for some unknown reason left eartip does NOT sit as convenient and comfortable as the right one.

6. no real multipoint, left earphone cannot be used independently from right one, which is known hardware issue. hope next generation of Earbuds will use different connection way.

7. finally - eartips problem reported by many in this topic. compared with airpods pro and jabra talk55 - Bose QC Eearbuds are much less convenient, so i also vote for this complaint.

i hope that Bose will listen to community and fix problems 2 and 3 by firmware as soon as possible!

issues 4,5 and 7 could be fixed by tips replacement. pls develop, makre relevant testing and send replacement kit to your distributors as soon as possible.

in any case - thanks to Bose for great sound!

And here I thought I had weird ear issues!  I too have the problem in which the buds fall out.  It is not us its them!

I have a pair of wired Bose buds and have never had a problem.  I got these for the noise canceling.  I'm wondering if the weight of the Quiet Comfort buds play into this.

Would REALLY like someone at Bose to propose a solution, beyond "watch our video".  I'm prepared to move on that means no more Bose.

BH

I also have problems with the new ear tips. I used the medium tip on the QC20s for which the cone now match the small tip on the QC earbuds, although the wingtip on the new earbuds is too small (by around 2-3 mm) so the earbuds can shift forward and unseal after some time (particularly when eating/drinking/yawning), so I have to reseat them - usually twice an hour.

The new medium tips have a cone that is slightly too big, putting too much pressure on the inner ear, becoming actively painful within 1-2 hours, where I could wear the old QC20 tips for the duration of its battery runtime without discomfort.

For reference, I pre-ordered my QC earbuds and received them from Bose mid-November 2020, and have had 9 months to switch between the new small and medium ear tips regularly trying to figure out which works best, but I feel as though I need something like a 1.5 size, or something similar to the medium on the old QC20s.

If there are still spots available for the alternate earbud tips, I would definitely like to beta test them. I would even buy alternate tips if they were non-refundable/non-returnable if for the possibility I could use the new earbuds more comfortably as they are a big improvement over the QC20s!

Hi

Can we get an update on the replacement/updated tips?

I had already given my old Bose earphones to my misses so I currently have no earphones that are usable and want to know if it's worth waiting or if I need to go buy some new buds that don't fall out of my ears.

Thanks

I would also be interested in testing the beta ear tips.  I’m super dissatisfied in my jump to the qc buds from the qc20s.  I’ve been using different versions of these since they came out in 2000s.  New QC earbuds have been a sad disappointment for fit.

Hi   -- please include me in whatever new wing tip notifications come up.

The medium actually fit properly, but the wings are angled away from the ear just enough to not stay in place and keep coming out. They work okay if I stay absolutely still, but start to fall out as soon as I move. I've had the QC20, QC30 and SoundSport Wireless and they all worked perfectly. It just seems the design on the wings changed enough that they don't stay in place. I just wish the attachment design didn't change so we could change it out with our other/older versions.

Anyone know of a place online to sell slightly used earbuds other than eBay? I tried at work an no one wants them. 🙂

I have the same issue and would like BOSE to address soon.  It looks like this has been a problem for quite some time.  The buds drop out of my ear and for $300, the experience should much better.  I have had several BOSE products and this is the 1st and possibly the last one I will be purchasing.

I have many Bose products and enjoy all of them....EXCEPT the new Quietcomfort earbuds. I have had it trying to make this terrible designed product fit in my ear properly. They fall out continuously and I will not wear them any longer. I looked around in my contacts to see if I could find a person I hated so much that I could send them to, but no one jumped out at me that I would want to have these as a punishment.