Password lock on PM8500

Hi there,

I have the same problem that the front panel lock password is forgotten. It´s a PM8500. We have an issue with blocking/limitting sound on our VIP room. I need acess to pm8500 via usb connection for understand problem! Sorry for English.

please could you guys help me?

Thank you!

Hello I have a password problem on a PM8500 amplifier if you can help me please

Hi, I have the same problem with a PM4250, hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance

Hi! I have the same problem on my pm8500, even on controlSpace they ask me the password? Does someone can help me?
Thank!

FYI, I had access to the amplifier, but after the update of the firmware with controlspace over USB, it suddenly ask for a 5 digit code

Hello

Do you have an answer to solve the password problem?
I have a pm8250 just bought.

Best regards

Vmc

Hello Chris

Joining in to say we’ve had the same problem and need to reset the password on a PM8500.
Lock is both on the panel and USB via ControlSpace so can’t seem to reset it from there either.

Best,

G

1 Like

Hello. pm4500 screen locked please show me the password to open it. thanks a lot.

There is a thread about the PM4500 password recovery.

Hello!
I have the same request for a PowerMatch PM8250 (only version with USB) which is locked and the customer has forgotten the password.
I can’t get any further with Controlspace Designe.
Can you tell me how to unlock it?

Kind regards,
Peer

Hello dear ProSound Community,
I have a Bose PowerMatch 8250 with USB.
Unfortunately there is no password for it.
I have already tried to reset it with the ControSpace Designer, but unfortunately it does not establish a connection.
Can anyone here help or provide support on how to reset the code?
Many thanks in advance for your help. :pray:
Peer

Same for me. Need to reset panel Password for a PM8500 non network version
thanks

I am having the same issue, the I have a client that bought a facility and the Amps are locked out with a 5 digit pin code. Can someone fill me in on how to bypass or reset the amps? Thanks

Hi,

I have the same problem. Can someone help me witch the code to enter the menu of the amplifier.
Thx

Please my Pm8500 is locked I need the code to unlock it

I also need to unlock it. If you can help me, my email is chcsiqueira@yahoo.com.br.
Another detail: The Bose PM8500 amplifier turns off for one minute after being turned on and turns back on after one minute, making a loop. Is it a configuration or a defect?

That loop sounds like a faulty power supply to me, but I don’t have a PM8500 so take it with a grain of salt.

Hello ChrisJ-at-Bose,

can you send me this info too? I have PM8500 with a unknown password…

Thank you!

I have just acquired one from a Church install and am unfortunately having problems with the password lockout too, I have tried connecting via usb and using the software but the usb panel lock sequence is still required.

Also, if I just connect this to a 10amp circuit with no speakers just to configure it via usb, am I at risk of damaging the unit or should I just wait until I am on another 15amp?

Thanks for your time and help!

10 amps at 120VAC is 1.2 kW., which should be fine unless you are actually using it.
Mind the specs though, 15A is not enough for the maximum inrush current for some versions/configurations.